The three-legged Ant Chair was originally designed for Novo Nordisk, a Danish healthcare company, and shown for the first time at Fritz Hansen's 80th birthday in 1952. About three months later the chair was shown at the spring exhibition at the Danish Museum of Decorative Art, sparking Arne Jacobsen´s international breakthrough as an architect. The Ant™is one of the most prominent icons of his collection today.
- Shell in pressure moulded sliced veneer laminated in maple, beech, ash, cherry, Oregon pine, elm, oak, walnut or dark stained oak; lacquered in full dark stained oakor in colored ash (lazur) in white, light gray, dark gray, black, yellow, orange, red, petrol blue or sage green.
- 3 or 4 legged base in chromed steel tube.
- Stackable up to 12 chairs.
- 18.9"d 20.0"w 30.7"h 18.3"seat ht
- 17.3"seat ht available for a surchage.
- Accessories include a transportation dolly, linking device and circular seat and row numbers.
- Made in Denmark by Republic of Fritz Hansen.
- *Certain colors available with shorter lead times, please contact email@example.com for more details.